Thread poster: María Laura Lemo

María Laura Lemo  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 11:10
Member (2013)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 10, 2014

Hello, I am used to proofread in SDL Studio 2014, but I was asked to do it in Trados 2007. I have to deliver a file with the changes I made and another with the changes accepted (final version). I don't know how to create the first file, so the client can see the changes.
Best regards,
Laura

Direct link Reply with quote

Jitka Komarkova (Mgr.)  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 16:10
Member (2013)
English to Czech
+ ...
Use ChangeTracker software Nov 10, 2014

Hi María,
when processing these I usually use ChangeTracker software (freeware) which is able to compare bilingual files and create a XML (XLS) report with changes highlighted. It is rather reliable and very user-friendly.
And my clients are happy with this output.
Hope it helps!
Jitka

Argentina
Member (2013)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Jitka Nov 10, 2014

Another question. In order to compare the files in change tracker, should they have the same names?

Jitka Komarkova (Mgr.)  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 16:10
Member (2013)
English to Czech
+ ...
Not necessarily... Nov 10, 2014

Hi María,
you may link the files manually - they do not have the same name I believe or use an automatic feature "Autolink by names" in the top left corner - in that case, they should have the same names.
I keep my files in different folders such as "translation", "proof", "final"... so it is easy to retain the file names and pick the correct files.
Rgds

Argentina
Member (2013)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot Nov 10, 2014

Jitka, it was very helpful. It is a nice tool.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Proofreading in Trados 2007

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search