Studio 2011 SP2: Files disappear from project package
Thread poster: lusatia
lusatia
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Nov 10, 2014

Hi,

I am trying to open a project package in Studio 2011 which I worked on last week. Suddenly none of the altogether 36 files contained in the package will appear, the files view is empty. I tried to reopen other, older projects and also created a new project to which I added the files I need to translate - the result is the same, no files are displayed. When I open the folder containing the files, they are there. I could open them one by one, but that doesn't solve the problem.

Did anyone encounter the same problem? Would be grateful for any help.

Many thanks in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Michael Grant
Japan
Local time: 00:07
Japanese to English
Try toggling the source/target language in Files view.. Nov 11, 2014

Hi Lusatia,

Have you tried changing to the "project target language" in Files view? In the upper left of the window there's a drop-down menu with the language setting...try switching between the source and target language to see if the "missing" files show up...Some files only show up in the source view until you prepare them for translation...

Michael

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:07
English
Just a note... Nov 11, 2014

Hi,

When you open a Package for translation you only do this once. After the package is opened this creates a Project and thereafter you only work on that project. Open the package again and you might overwrite the work you had already done.

The files in the package should have already been prepared for translation, so any in there that are not prepared should only be reference files.

There is an article here that might be helpful "Working with Packages".

Regards

Paul

lusatia
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
issue solved Nov 11, 2014

Thank you both for your help. I used the wrong terminology, what I was trying to reopen was a project, not a package. Michael, your advice solved the problem. I just wonder why Trados sometimes changes settings ... Paul, thanks for the link, this blog really is very useful.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 SP2: Files disappear from project package

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search