Hans Näslund (X)
Hans Näslund (X)
Sweden
Local time: 16:21
German to Swedish
+ ...
Nov 10, 2014

All of a sudden I have got a new problem with Trados Studio 2014:

I have a large legal job in MS Word which I want to translate in Studio 2014. But when I start the translation, I discover that each time I click in the target column (to change the translation), my translation of the current segment is replaced by the source text.

Has anybody encountered this problem? What is the reason for this, and what can I do to remedy this?

Liselotte K. de Hennig
Liselotte K. de Hennig  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 11:21
Spanish to German
+ ...
"Copy source when no match is found" activated? Nov 10, 2014

I don't know how it can happen all of a sudden. But perhaps you want to check in the Translation Memory toolbar -> Editor -> Automation wether "Copy source when no match is found" is active.

Kind regards
Liselotte

Hans Näslund (X)
Hans Näslund (X)
Sweden
Local time: 16:21
German to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The problem seems to have solved itself Nov 11, 2014

I still have no explanation for what happened, but after the computer had a night’s sleep the problem hade disappeared, which leads me to believe that the problem was caused by something in computer unrelated to Studio, and which had corrected itself overnight.
(And no – I had not activated the setting "Copy source when no match is found".)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014: Clicking in the target column copies the source text into target

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »