Problems importing packages to Studio 2014
Thread poster: Louise Gough

Louise Gough  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:38
German to English
+ ...
Nov 11, 2014

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I've recently upgraded to Studio 2014 and am unable to import packages. For the second time today (the first time was resolved by the client sending me the xliff file) I've clicked on File > Open Package, then selected the package, and the process starts but only gets to 2 or 3% and stops dead. Please could someone help, as the deadline is tomorrow. I never had this problem with the 2009 version.

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:38
English
Can you confirm... Nov 11, 2014

... the full name including the file extension of the package you are trying to open?

Regards

Paul

Louise Gough  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:38
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
File name Nov 11, 2014

It's ABC123_de-en.sdlppx - I've changed the letters and numbers as they are client-specific but it's just three upper-case letters followed by three digits, the rest is the same. Hope this helps!

This was the earlier file from this morning's job, which would not open under any circumstances and the PM ended up sending me the xliff file to work with (it was a revision job). That's been sent back now but I still wonder why I was unable to open the package. I've managed to get this afternoon's package to open somehow, not sure how as it was saying the package was only 3% loaded but I clicked on it anyway after a long wait and the file opened. However, I'm not entirely sure it's done it properly. Perhaps there's some obscure setting somewhere that I've overlooked?

[Edited at 2014-11-11 17:24 GMT]

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:38
English
Looks ok... Nov 13, 2014

Hi Louise,

That filename looks fine, and I really have no idea why you can't open the package as you seem to be doing everything right. There are no particular settings that could influence the simple operation of opening a package.

If you are allowed then I'll happily take a look at one of these packages to see whether I reproduce the problem myself? At least this would help determine whether the issue was the package, the software, or something local to your machine. The we might be able to find a sensible resolution.

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems importing packages to Studio 2014

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search