Trados Studio 2014 0.25% of a file are marked as not translated
Thread poster: Mrs. Chiltern

Mrs. Chiltern
Kazakhstan
Local time: 11:18
Member (2014)
English to Russian
Nov 12, 2014

Trados Studio 2014: 0.25% of a file are marked as not translated, while all the segments are 100% translated. With the file not finished, I cannot generate a return package. F8 doesn't show any issues, and I cannot find out what is wrong.
Have anyone ever faced such problem? Would you please give me an advice what I can do here?

Thank you!

Direct link Reply with quote

Anna Sarah Krämer Fazendeiro
Germany
Local time: 07:18
Member (2011)
English to German
+ ...
Return package Nov 12, 2014

Did you try to generate the return package anyway? This happens to me a lot, but I never had a problem generating return packages. Sometimes this seems to happen when some segments of a file are locked - maybe that helps.

In any case it makes sense to alert the client that you have problems and aks if there is another way to send the finished translation if you can't solve this problem.

Best regards,
Anna

Mrs. Chiltern
Kazakhstan
Member (2014)
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
inactive Nov 12, 2014

Anna, thank you for your reply! The Generate Return Package button is inactive...
The client is informed already...Theree are no locked segments, no "drafts" etc...

Mrs. Chiltern
Kazakhstan
Member (2014)
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
show? Nov 12, 2014

Can I somehow see where these 0.25% are located in the text?

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:18
Member (2004)
English to Italian
try this... Nov 12, 2014

right click on each file and select Batch Tasks > Translation Count...

Mrs. Chiltern
Kazakhstan
Member (2014)
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Errors — 0, Warnings — 0 Nov 12, 2014

Thank you, Giovanni, this didn't help either...

Navarut Y.  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 12:18
Member (2014)
English to Thai
Analysis the file Nov 12, 2014

Please try this

click on the problem file > Batch Tasks > Analyze Files > Next > Finish > Close

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
In case you need to delived your work urgently Nov 12, 2014

then simply send the translated files separately, not in the package. You will have time to find out the solution afterwards, and the client will get the translation right now.

Mrs. Chiltern
Kazakhstan
Member (2014)
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot! Nov 12, 2014

Dear all,

thank you very much for your advice!

The situation with me is as follows:
the analysis report shew no errors.

Eventually I deleted all the translated text (it took time) and then inserted it again from TM. The file got 100% translated, but the Create Return Package function remained disabled. I exported all the files into separate docs, saved them in TagEditor and that was the format I sent to my client. Later I converted them into Excel files (from Trados 2007) and sent Excel copies as well. Unfortunately, I didn't find a was to convert the files into Target Excel format right from TS 2014. Maybe, I didn't the study the program properly yet.

Thank you all for your help!

Thomas Johansson  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 00:18
Member (2005)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Perhaps this can help Nov 12, 2014

I've had a similar problem, of not being able to create a return package. I'm not sure how I resolved it in the end. Perhaps try to right-click on the target files, select Revert to SDLXLIFF and then try creating the return package again.

As for converting the SDLXLIFF files into the original Excel format, my understanding is that it only works if you yourself created the original translation files from the Excel source files. If your client just sent you some tmx or ttx file (or whatever they're called), then it won't work. (The original project must have been set up in TS 2011 or TS 2014 for you to be able to recreate the original file formats on TS 2011 or TS 2014. Earlier versions of Trados are not compatible with TS 2011/2014. Something like that.)

Thomas

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Can I ask a simple question? Nov 13, 2014

Hi Mrs. Chiltern,

Did you receive a Package in the first place? If you did and if you used the Open Package command to create your project then you will be able to create a return package at any time.

If you created the Project yourself then you cannot create a return package.
If you opened the files using "Translate Single document" at any time then you will have created a new single file project and you cannot create a return package.

The percentage complete thing should not impact at all. It is usually a refresh issue and if you run a wordcount batch task it should refresh itself.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2014 0.25% of a file are marked as not translated

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search