How to add a new source language in Trados Studio 2014?
Thread poster: Thomas Johansson

Thomas Johansson  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 11:05
Member (2005)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Nov 12, 2014

I need to do a translation for a new language that is not in my current list of available source languages (in Trados Studio 2014).

Is there a way to add the language so that it's available as a source language when setting up a new project?

Will I need to reinstall Trados Studio 2014? Are there any risks involved in doing that?

Currently, my list of source languages has a million versions of English, Spanish and Portuguese that I don't need. (One single version of each of these languages would have been perfectly sufficient.)

Thomas

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:05
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Reinstall Nov 12, 2014

Uninstall and reinstall with the 5 languages you want to use. As you say, one flavour of each language gives you access to all the rest.
There are no risks in uninstalling and reinstalling. You don't even need to return your license to do it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to add a new source language in Trados Studio 2014?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search