https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/277610-studio_2011_doesnt_suggest_99_match_i_just_entered.html

Studio 2011 doesn't suggest 99% match I just entered
Thread poster: MJ Barber
MJ Barber
MJ Barber  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:57
Spanish to English
+ ...
Nov 13, 2014

I am translating a long document with a lot of repeats and fuzzies.
Every so often I have a section title which is repeated two segments below. When I reach the second instance Studio 2011 does NOT suggest the translation I have just entered for the one above, although the only difference is formatting. It does suggest 72% matches already in the TM.

This is very tedious.

Marijke Singer
Marijke Singer  Identity Verified
Spain
Dutch to English
+ ...
Try updating your memory with the file you are translating Nov 13, 2014

I get frustrated too by Studio 2011!

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
We can look at this too... Nov 13, 2014

MJ Barber wrote:

I am translating a long document with a lot of repeats and fuzzies.
Every so often I have a section title which is repeated two segments below. When I reach the second instance Studio 2011 does NOT suggest the translation I have just entered for the one above, although the only difference is formatting. It does suggest 72% matches already in the TM.

This is very tedious.

... because this just doesn't happen! If you get a 72% match then you are most likely not really sending the first one to your TM in the first place. Perhaps your problems are related to the TM not being enabled for update in your Project Settings?

Regards

Paul

Jeff Whittaker
Jeff Whittaker  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:57
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
I have the opposite problem Nov 13, 2014

I translate the entire document and then I when I go to confirm each segment (because I may make 20-30 changes to each segment during the course of a translation, so I wait until the very end to confirm), but then it erases following segments and replaces my correct translations with fuzzy matches... I probably have a setting wrong somewhere...

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Better to confirm... Nov 13, 2014

... the segments as you work because otherwise the autopropagation can overwrite non confirmed segments when you start again and confirm things you've already translated. Alternatively change your auto-propagation settings to always warn you before auto-propagating so you have some control over the way you wish to work.

Regards

Paul

MJ Barber
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
"Perhaps your problems are related to the TM not being enabled for update in your Project Settings" Nov 14, 2014

I don't think so ... looking at project settings now and can't see anything that says this.

It's doing it again now (5 am here, can't sleep, decided I might as well get some work done), so if you are around maybe we can look at it now, let me know how I can let you look at it, although it's in Spanish ...

MJ Barber
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ok, that was it Nov 14, 2014

The update option in project settings was unchecked for some reason.
Thanks for the tip.

MJ

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 doesn't suggest 99% match I just entered

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »