Thread poster: Ali Erfani
Ali Erfani
Iran
Local time: 10:51
English to Farsi (Persian)
+ ...
Nov 13, 2014

Hi,
I am using SDL Trados 2014 on a Windows 7 machine. I frequently add new terms on the fly. Adding new terms in the editor view works just fine and the recently added terms appear in the term recognition window. But sometimes, after saving and closing my project, when reopening and resuming my translation, I will find that the terms I have saved in the previous session are lost. I have checked the terms using SDL Multiterm but there are not in the termbase. They are really gone!

Please help me if anybody have a solution. It's really annoying.

[Edited at 2014-11-13 17:58 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Bruno Depascale  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:21
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
You're not the only one Nov 13, 2014

I also have this problem.
Do you use a virtual machine? I use parallels and thought this problem was due to the virtual machine, but I am not sure. To me, it happens quite often.

Ali Erfani
Iran
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I'm not using a virtual machine Nov 13, 2014

Thank you for your reply. No I'm not using a virtual machine.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Maybe... Nov 13, 2014

... you are not carrying out the second action after clicking on Add new term? You also need to save it in the termbase viewer window otherwise it will not be written to the termbase. Studio 2014 SP2 due out next week has a new "Quick add term" option that adds and saves the term immediately which should make life a lot easier for translators... in addition to the bigger news of no more java!

Regards

Paul

Ali Erfani
Iran
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Great news... Nov 14, 2014

No, I always save the new term in the term viewer. It seems, as always, it's a JAVA issue. It's great news to get ride of java in SDL Trados. I'm looking forward to...

Bruno Depascale  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
A big bug Dec 10, 2014

Ali Erfani wrote:

No, I always save the new term in the term viewer. It seems, as always, it's a JAVA issue. It's great news to get ride of java in SDL Trados. I'm looking forward to...

Unfortunately, this problem happens also with the new trados release of SP2.
I keep losing the terms added to multiterm.
I am considering stopping adding terms, because it's a waste of time.
As far as I know, there is no solution to this.
A trados technician looked into my computer some time ago and said that maybe the problem was due to the sharing of files between the virtual machine and my mac environment.
I disabled such sharing of files and put the multiterm database in the virtual machine, but unfortunately the problem is still there.

I have now understood that the problem has to do with trados..All of a sudden, I am not able to add terms anymore in trados studio because of an error message. After this, I close trados and when I reopen in again, all terms recently added have gone..
As soon as it happens again, I will post the error code, provided it can be of help to SDL

[Edited at 2014-12-10 20:51 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

sometimes new terms don't save on the fly in SDL trados studio 2014

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search