Thread poster: Ruth Simpson

Ruth Simpson  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 09:29
Member (2008)
French to English
Nov 19, 2014

Hello,

I am a new user of SDL Trados Studio 2014 and I have a text with a lot of proper nouns (towns, people's names, etc.).

In Wordfast Pro, simply typing in the first capital letter of the noun would allow you to select one of the proper nouns in the source text and it would copy over automatically to the target.

Does this feature exist in Trades Studio 2014? I have been copy and pasting from one side to the other and it's rather laborious.

Thank you for your help,

Ruth

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
RegexMatch AutoSuggest Provider Nov 19, 2014

Hi Ruth,

I created a very quick video here to explain how to do this with an OpenExchange application.

Regards

Paul

France
Member (2008)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Still not coming up Nov 19, 2014

Hi Paul,

Thank you so much for the link to your video. I have followed your instructions carefully and enabled the changes.

Unfortunately the words are not coming up as they do in your video.

Are there any other options that I need to have enabled? For example, nothing is automatically suggested for me, not even numbers, perhaps there is something I haven't activated in Trados?

Thanks again for your help.

Ruth

United Kingdom
English
Maybe worth checking that... Nov 19, 2014

... this particular AutoSuggest Provider has been activated. Go to your File -> Options -> AutoSuggest and make sure that RegexMatchAutoSuggestProvider has been checked.

One other thing, as I did this myself a few times. Make sure that the rile is also checked. There is a little checkbox to the left which allows you to enable/disable the rules to suit. This is a good idea as you may start to use this a lot, have many expressions, and could get funny results depending on the content of your source material.

Regards

Paul

France
Member (2008)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Works! Nov 19, 2014

Thanks so much Paul, it works perfectly now!

Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
RegexMatchAutoSuggestProvider in second Windows 7 profile Nov 19, 2014

Hi Paul,

I've installed RegexMatchAutoSuggestProvider, which works in my Windows 7 administrator profile but I can't get it to activate in the other profile I use for work.

I realise this is more to do with my lack of knowledge of Windows than with Trados but any help would be greatly appreciated.

United Kingdom
English
Installation Options Nov 19, 2014

Hi Giles,

You probably saw this, but when you install you decide whether to make this available for everyone or just the user running the installer at the time. Perhaps you missed that and only installed for one user?

Regards

Paul

Italy
Italian to English
"Everyone" ticked Nov 19, 2014

Thanks for the reply, Paul.

I did tick "everyone" when I installed and have reinstalled the program just to make sure. A while ago, I had a similar issue with the PerfectIt Word template, which was sorted by manually copying a dll from the C:\Users\administrator folder into the corresponding second profile folder.

Could that have anything to do with it?

Installation procedure Nov 19, 2014

Hi Giles,

I'm the developer of the plug-in and sorry for the inconvenience...

I tested "everyone" option in the installer with the administrator profile and found that it did not install the plug-in for other users. I have updated the installer to hide Everyone/Just me option so that it will not cause confusion. Could you perform the following steps and see if the problem can be solved?
1. Uninstall the plugin you have installed with the administrator profile.
2. Download the updated installer from:
http://translator-banks.blogspot.jp/2014/11/regex-match-autosuggest-provider-plug.html
3. This version installs the plug-in only for the currently logged-in profile. So, install the plugin with the administrator AND the profile for your work.

Thanks

Junya

United Kingdom
English
Maybe... Nov 19, 2014

... does seem odd. Maybe try copying this file to the appropriate user folder and try again:

c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\11\Plugins\Packages\Capybara.EditorPlugin.RegexMASProvider.sdlplugin

Regards

Paul

Italy
Italian to English
Result! Nov 19, 2014

SDL Support wrote:

... does seem odd. Maybe try copying this file to the appropriate user folder and try again:

c:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\11\Plugins\Packages\Capybara.EditorPlugin.RegexMASProvider.sdlplugin

Regards

Paul

That's the one, Paul.

It might be an idea to add this to the notes for the app. I'll drop a line to the developer.

Thanks,

Giles

Italy
Italian to English
Chrome blocks new installer Nov 19, 2014

Hi Junya,

Thanks for the swift update of your app.

I did try to download the new installer but then Chrome started waving red flags about the suspect nature of the file. I imagine it mistook part of the installer for malware.

Paul's solution worked, though.

Thanks again for the app.

G.

A little note on the file download Nov 19, 2014

Hi, Giles

> Paul's solution worked, though.
Yes, Paul's solution is essentially the same as the procedure I wrote in the previous comment.

> I did try to download the new installer but then Chrome started waving red flags about the suspect nature of the file. I imagine it mistook part of the installer for malware.
Seems like Chrome sometimes blocks the download of files containing exe or installers. That's why I place a notice just below the download icon, telling users to try using a different browser or disable blocking temporarily.

Anyway, I'm glad that you have sorted it out.

Thanks

Junya

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2014 copying proper nouns

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search