Using SDL Studio for a monolingual list of set phrases.
Thread poster: Michael Bailey
Michael Bailey  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 08:21
German to English
+ ...
Nov 20, 2014

In addition to using SDL Studio 2014 to translate within the institution that I am employed in, I have been assigned a project to create a monolingual guide that contains the most commonly used sentences and phrases used for specific processes, to try to give non-native speakers of English with the institution a short list of sentences for general use in their everyday correspondence - since many formulations are quite standardised.

I would like to be able to collect these items in a translation memory and using additional fields and filters be then able to use the collected sentences to draw up various short subject-specific handouts in word (e.g. using some kind of an Export function). Studio would appear to be a more sensible vehicle for this than MultiTerm.

Any hints and tips gratefully received as well as any known blog posts about this concept - I've tried searches for items like "SDL Studio monolingual use" "intralingual Translation Memory" and will need to mug up on potential batch processes relating to a translation memory exports probably.

TIA

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Using SDL Studio for a monolingual list of set phrases.

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search