Thread poster: Lianne van de Ven

Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:17
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Dec 1, 2014

I think there might be a change in behavior since the update to SP2 for Studio 2014 regarding targets getting an unconfirmed status after going through edits using ctrl+F9.

I used to process edits by either accepting or rejecting them and when finished, I would run through the entire text with "go to next unconfirmed target" to double check on all accepted/rejected changes. This is important because the way Studio "highlights" text with a box around it, makes it hard to distinguish punctuation and spaces. So this was my QA control for the edited target segments.

Since the update to SP2, all edited segments appear to be confirmed, so nothing happens when I use "go to next unconfirmed segment." However, if I go through the segments one by one, I do find changed segments marked with the orange bar indicating there is a difference between target and TM (not sure what this function is called).

Has this behavior indeed changed?
I solved it by using the filter and only showing "with tracked changes" which seems to work just as well, but I am still trying to understand what accepting changes does and what it doesn't.

Thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

Short Cuts Should not have changed. Dec 1, 2014

Hi Lianne,

The keyboard short-cuts should not have changed when you upgraded to 2014 SP2.

You can check they are still the same or amend them if required, by selecting the "Welcome" screen, then to the far right on the Ribbon, you will see the option to "Show Shortcuts" while within the software.

If this is still not working for you, you may need to raise a technical support case. If you are unsure of raising one of these, please email me direct at sbarlow@sdl.com and I will show you.

Kind Regards,

Steven Barlow

SDL Customer Experience Executive.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SP2: review process does not "unconfirm" targets

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search