SP2 (Studio 2014) Where did my list of ongoing projects go?
Thread poster: Scott Spellerberg
Scott Spellerberg  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 22:33
Swedish to English
+ ...
Dec 1, 2014

After installing SP2, I no longer see any projects listed, even after creating new ones since downloading SP2.

When I click "Files", whatever project is "active" will display the files and I can work with them, but the "projects" window remains entire empty.

Now, if I go into the directory in which I have my projects and click an .sdlproj file, I get a message that that project has been added to the project list, but when I go to the "Files" window, I cannot access the files in that just added project. The only files I can work with are the ones in the last "active" project (in other words, opening an .sdlproj file from my working directory does not force that to be the active project. I can open an .xdlxliff file from my working directory and work with it, but all of this is an inelegant and clumsy way to work.

In short, I want to see the projects listed in the Projects window where they belong and not have to keep track of all of this from memory or an open notebook.

This is not a critical problem, but annoying enough.

-Scott, Stockholm

Direct link Reply with quote

Try the "Open Project" option on the "Projects" section of Studio. Dec 1, 2014

Hi Scott,

within the "Projects" section, where you usually would usually have your projects listed, are you able to locate and add them manually from here by selecting the "Open Project" option?

Selecting this will allow you to locate the folder your projects have been saved, then you can load them into Studio.

Kind Regards,

Steven Barlow

SDL Customer Experience Executive.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Perhaps... Dec 1, 2014

... the issue is related to the filtering of Projects in the Projects View? Maybe you are filtering on "Completed Projects" and won't see any incomplete or new Projects at all?

Regards

Paul

Sweden
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
yes, I have tried that... Dec 1, 2014

**see updated message below

[Edited at 2014-12-01 14:06 GMT]

Sweden
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Paul is the Man! Dec 1, 2014

Thank-you Paul,

That was exactly the problem. A simple, rather stupid user-error, the kind I like best!

NO FURTHER ACTION NEEDED.

A beer will be hoisted this evening in both Paul's & Steven's honor!

_Scott

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SP2 (Studio 2014) Where did my list of ongoing projects go?

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search