https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/278522-sdl_trados_studio_2011_autosuggest_dictionary_not_appearing_for_multiple_users_win_7_64_bit.html

SDL Trados Studio 2011 Autosuggest dictionary not appearing for multiple users (Win 7 64 bit)
Thread poster: ryanmccallum
ryanmccallum
ryanmccallum
United States
Local time: 03:27
Dec 1, 2014

I am a language lab coordinator at a university and a professor requested I install an AutoSuggest dictionary for our lab machines with Trados on them. I attempted to install the auto suggest dictionary on one of my lab machines using the directions at http://www.translationzone.com/products/sdl-trados-studio/sdl-autosuggest.html, but it seems profile specif... See more
I am a language lab coordinator at a university and a professor requested I install an AutoSuggest dictionary for our lab machines with Trados on them. I attempted to install the auto suggest dictionary on one of my lab machines using the directions at http://www.translationzone.com/products/sdl-trados-studio/sdl-autosuggest.html, but it seems profile specific: the dictionary appears when I open Trados in my user account, but not when anyone else opens Trados in their user account.

In our language lab, we have about 20 computers that'll be needed for Trados and the user accounts are on a network domain, meaning someone logs in to any machine using University credentials, their profile gets set up, and they can use the machine. When I install the dictionary like this (from the C: drive), only I can see it. If another user logs on to that machine, they are not going to see the dictionary. Trados doesn't recognize it from their profile.

Is anyone familiar with installing the dictionary globally so all network users can see it? Thank you for your assistance.
Collapse

SDL_Steve
SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:27
English to Arabic
SDL Trados Studio 2011 Autosuggest dictionary not appearing for multiple users (Win 7 64 bit) Dec 2, 2014

Hi Ryan,

This is Steve from SDL

Autosuggest is license (not domain) specific and is a personal asset/profile specific.
Your individual As dict. can be shared/sent to other users, but cannot be viewed by all in real time on a server
Professional license have AS automatically activated- Freelance license can only view AS dictionaries unless an add in is purchased enabling the creation and update of dictionaries.
Please email me direct with your contact
... See more
Hi Ryan,

This is Steve from SDL

Autosuggest is license (not domain) specific and is a personal asset/profile specific.
Your individual As dict. can be shared/sent to other users, but cannot be viewed by all in real time on a server
Professional license have AS automatically activated- Freelance license can only view AS dictionaries unless an add in is purchased enabling the creation and update of dictionaries.
Please email me direct with your contact details and university name etc, and I will ask my colleagues to get in contact with you in regards to your requests.

Kind regards

Steve
Collapse

ryanmccallum
ryanmccallum
United States
Local time: 03:27
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Dec 2, 2014

Thanks, just emailed you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2011 Autosuggest dictionary not appearing for multiple users (Win 7 64 bit)

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »