Yulia Tsybysheva BA MSc MCIL
Yulia Tsybysheva BA MSc MCIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:27
English to Russian
+ ...
Dec 3, 2014

Dear all,

I was wondering if you might have any suggestions of how best to use SDL Trados Studio 2014 features for the following project. A few months ago I was asked to do a review of a large project (English-Russian) - about 100 files, each of them between 1 and 40 pages, all in Word, the text is organised in tables with two columns: source and target.

At that stage I wasn't using Trados.

Now the agency received feedback from the client and the client wo
... See more
Dear all,

I was wondering if you might have any suggestions of how best to use SDL Trados Studio 2014 features for the following project. A few months ago I was asked to do a review of a large project (English-Russian) - about 100 files, each of them between 1 and 40 pages, all in Word, the text is organised in tables with two columns: source and target.

At that stage I wasn't using Trados.

Now the agency received feedback from the client and the client would like to introduce some changes to terminology and I need to make those changes and ensure consistency of all the files. I'm not sure how best to approach this task though and whether Trados can be used without splitting each file in two - source and target.

Also, any autoreplace features might work to a certain extent, but since Russian language is inflected I would still need to double-check all the replaced terminology to make sure the cases and the endings are right.

At the moment it seems like a gargantuan task and, as I said, I'm trying to figure out the best approach, so any ideas are welcome!

Thanks in advance!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Using Trados Studio 2014 for a review project

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »