Non-breaking spaces as tags in Studio 214
Thread poster: Iwona Mróz

Iwona Mróz
Poland
Local time: 15:53
German to Polish
Dec 5, 2014

Dear colleagues,

I use Trados Studio SP2 and while inserting a non-breaking space or a long dash instead of a normal symbol ° or – an inline tag is inserted. This happens however not in every file type, in TRADOStag and QuarkXPress Export for sure, but not in Excel or Word.

I am not sure if this has changed after updating to SP2. I know however that in Studio 2011 no such inline tags were inserted.

Do you know how to fix it? Any ideas will be much appreciated.

Best regards,
Iwona

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Does it need fixing? Dec 7, 2014

Hi Iwona,

Perhaps the file formats where you use these characters need to see them as tags? Does it cause a problem for the end user? Are you inserting them using the Quick Insert features?

Regards

Paul

Iwona Mróz
Poland
German to Polish
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, it needs fixing Dec 8, 2014

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your massage.

I don't think the file formats need to see them as tags, because in Studio 2011 they didn't. I do not know yet, if this causes a problem for the end user, but it definitely causes a problem for me. I use a lot of non-breaking spaces, so that I would have a lot of tags in each segment, which is not only not legible, but also causes a lot of useless mistakes during verification.

I inset them with keyboard shortkeys. I have checked now how it is while using QuckInsert features but unfortunatelly the symbols are also inserted as tags.

Best wishes,
Iwona

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Non-breaking spaces as tags in Studio 214

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search