Thread poster: JennyItaly
JennyItaly
JennyItaly
Local time: 22:15
Italian to English
Dec 5, 2014

STUDIO 2011 PROFESSIONAL

Hi,
The situation is that I have to translate a file from an Agency who also gave me a TM. There are segments which are populated as 100% and confirmed as they are already in the TM ... BUT ... I have to review/correct them.
Is there a way of removing the automatic status of confirmed so I can keep track of what I have reviewed ?

I hope the question is clear.

Thanks in advance

Jen

Jitka Komarkova (Mgr.)
Jitka Komarkova (Mgr.)  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
There is a way... Dec 5, 2014

Hi Jenny,

I am not sure whether it is the most convenient way to do this but you can select the lines using a mouse and clicking on the utmost left column of lines and then choosing "change segment status" and select the status you wish the selected segments to have...

such
... See more
Hi Jenny,

I am not sure whether it is the most convenient way to do this but you can select the lines using a mouse and clicking on the utmost left column of lines and then choosing "change segment status" and select the status you wish the selected segments to have...

such as here http://multifarious.filkin.com/2012/07/23/changing-segment-statuses-studio-short/

However, I really do not know about any way of how to select all segments at once (something like Ctrl+A), which I would personally appreciate.

Hopefully this helps a bit.
Good Luck!

Selecting all segments - see also
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/194423-confirm_all_segments_in_trados_studio_2009.html
Will try it at the earliest convenience!

[Edited at 2014-12-05 17:07 GMT]
Collapse

Julia Turner
Julia Turner  Identity Verified
Spain
French to English
+ ...
Hold down shift Dec 5, 2014

As explained in the page linked to by Jitka Komarkova, you can select all segments by clicking the left hand column of the first segment (where you see number 1), scroll to the end of the document, hold down shift and click on the left hand column of the last segment.

Then right click (still inside the left column) > change segment status.

Does that answer your question?

Julia

Maria Teresa Bermudes

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Why not open the file... Dec 5, 2014

... for review and use the review status to control your progress? Seems to make little sense to undo statuses of files in a translation like this.

Regards

Paul

JennyItaly
JennyItaly
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 5, 2014

Thanks for all your answers - Hi Paul hope you are well.

In theory what I would "like" is that, although the segment in the TM is 100% and confirmed ... when I move to that segment I would like it to give me the translation BUT not confirmed so the segment is not automatically confirmed and does not move to the next segment.

I can't use review mode as I am comparing the results in their TM compared to some I have in other TMs.

Is there an option I can tweak
... See more
Thanks for all your answers - Hi Paul hope you are well.

In theory what I would "like" is that, although the segment in the TM is 100% and confirmed ... when I move to that segment I would like it to give me the translation BUT not confirmed so the segment is not automatically confirmed and does not move to the next segment.

I can't use review mode as I am comparing the results in their TM compared to some I have in other TMs.

Is there an option I can tweak where the cursor remains in the segment even if it is 100%??

Thanks for all your time (and patience !)

Jen
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Change the shortcut? Dec 6, 2014

Hi Jenny,

Maybe you could use "Confirm but don't move to next segment"? The default shortcut for this is Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Enter. You could change your shortcuts for this project so that this is Ctrl+Enter instead?

But this would still confirm them. If you don't want to confirm them or move automatical
... See more
Hi Jenny,

Maybe you could use "Confirm but don't move to next segment"? The default shortcut for this is Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Enter. You could change your shortcuts for this project so that this is Ctrl+Enter instead?

But this would still confirm them. If you don't want to confirm them or move automatically then why not just use the down arrow key? Or am I losing the plot

You could also take a look in the Editor Options under Automation. So File -> Options -> Editor -> Automation. In here you have these:

Perform lookup when active segment changes - try unticking this.

Apply best match after successful lookup - try unticking this

Confirm segment after applying an exact match - try unticking this

Those three options might also get you what you're looking for without messing around with the shortcuts.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

JennyItaly
JennyItaly
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Great - diolch yn fawr!! Dec 7, 2014

That works fine !!
Thank u so much.

Jen

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Croeso!! Dec 7, 2014

Hi Jenny,

Which part worked for you in the end?

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to remove Translated/Confirmed status from segments

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »