tmv, mwf, mtf, mdf, iix files in Trados 2014 Starter
Thread poster: Rasa Mikalauskaite

Rasa Mikalauskaite
Belgium
Local time: 12:29
Dutch to Lithuanian
+ ...
Dec 6, 2014

How on earth do you open those extensions with Trados 2014 Starter version??

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Starter Restrictions Dec 6, 2014

Hi Rasa,

These five files make up the old Trados Translation Memory, and to use it in Studio you either have to upgrade it in Studio, export to TMX in Trados and import to your Studio TM, or access it directly with a free OpenExchange app.

However, you cannot carry out all of the above with the Starter license because almost all of those features are unavailable with Starter. See this article:

http://kb.sdl.com/kb/?ArticleId=4939&source=article&c=12&cid=23

I have not tested this but I believe the import TMX function should be available to you, although probably restricted to 5,000 TUs for Starter.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Paul

Rasa Mikalauskaite
Belgium
Dutch to Lithuanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
? Dec 7, 2014

No, unfortunatelly not, I cannot import a memory either.

Is there any way at all for me to make legacy files work in my system? I see I cannot do it myself, but can the provider convert them into an accessible format for me?
Thanks

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
You could ask... Dec 7, 2014

... your provider to create a Studio Package for you with Studio Professional, if they have this. Then you can use it and it won't matter how large it is. Alternatively ask someone to upgrade it for you, and if it's smaller than 5,000 TUs then you'll be able to use it in Starter. How large is it?

The Starter Edition was not designed for using these files on your own. If you have the Freelance Edition it would be no problem.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

tmv, mwf, mtf, mdf, iix files in Trados 2014 Starter

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search