Thread poster: Tanya Shew

Tanya Shew
Spain
Local time: 09:40
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 8, 2014

Hi there,

I am experiencing problems with Trados Studio 2014, it seems that after a power cut I cannot access the programme anymore.

I am on a Mac using Trados on Windows 8.1. through Parallels and when I try to open trados I get this error message:

An unexpected error has occurred while loading the global plug-in services.

I then click OK to close the window, but the next message is:

Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture (or the natural culture) on disk. BaseName: Sdl.LCStudioIntegration.Common.plugin LocationInfo fileName:Sdl.LCStudioIntegration.Common.pluggin.resources

Does anybody know what I can do?

I've tried changing the SDL file names, but they won't change or delete, because it says I have the folder open elsewhere (when I haven't).

Many thanks

Ángel Belinchón  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:40
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
How did you fix it? Nov 21, 2015

I'm experiencing just the same error with SDL Studio 2015 and also after a system reboot. I'm trying to fix it by reinstalling SDL Studio, but it's not working.
Did you manage to fix this problem? If so, how did you do it?
Thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

An unexpected error has occurred while loading the global plug-in services

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search