Catarina Lopes
Portugal
Local time: 21:38
Member (2013)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Dec 9, 2014

Hello everyone,

I apologise if this has been asked before.

I'm using Studio 2014 and I have a project into Portuguese (Portugal). The problem is that the client sent me a TM with the target language set as Brazilian Portuguese, although the TU are actually in pt-PT. Is there a way I can change the target language in this TM, and be able to create a pt-PT project and add my own TM to it? Or do I have to create a project with pt-BR as target language?

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Catarina Lopes

[Edited at 2014-12-09 13:33 GMT]

[Edited at 2014-12-09 14:33 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

We have an App that may help you. Dec 9, 2014

Hi Catarina,

Unfortunately you cannot change the target language of the TM and you would need to have selected Brazilian Portuguese as one of the languages you translate with when you originally set up the software, if you would like to use the TM provided.

However, your scenario is not uncommon and we have the following app that you can download from our OpenExchange web site -

http://www.translationzone.com/openexchange/app/sdltradosstudioanytmtranslationprovider-669.html#65697

This app will enable you to use any TM with your project, therefore should rectify this problem for you.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Steven Barlow

SDL Customer Experience Executive

Catarina Lopes
Portugal
Local time: 21:38
Member (2013)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved! Dec 9, 2014

Thank you so much, Steven.

That was really easy to do and it solved the problem.

Now I can create my pt-PT project and use both my TM and the client's.

Have a great week!

No problem at all. Dec 9, 2014

No problem at all Catarina.

I hope you have a great rest of the week also.

Kind Regards,

Steven Barlow

SDL Customer Experience Executive.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014: changing target language in TM

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search