Thread poster: Kate Deimling

Kate Deimling
United States
Local time: 16:07
French to English
+ ...
Dec 10, 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to remove italics (from the target language column) and read up on past threads before posting but didn't find a solution, so perhaps someone can help? I've tried "clear formatting," but nothing changes. Perhaps I'm not using it correctly? I've tried highlighting the translated segment and clicking on the segment number before choosing clear formatting, but nothing happens. I've tried "clear formatting" and "clear all formatting" and the shortcuts (Ctrl + space, Ctrl + Alt + space), and nothing happens. Any ideas? Thanks!

Kate

Direct link Reply with quote

Claire Cox
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:07
French to English
+ ...
Copy source? Dec 10, 2014

Hi Kate,

I've found that you can always add formatting - bold, italic, underline, whatever to the target using the usual Word shortcuts, but you can't easily remove it, so what I usually do is copy the source and overwrite that, making sure I type the relevant words in the appropriately formatted bit in the target. Of course, that will only work in your case if the source isn't already in italics....

I'll be interested to hear if there is another way of doing it too!

Best wishes,

Claire

[Edited at 2014-12-10 16:48 GMT]

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:07
English
Make sure you display all formatting... Dec 10, 2014

... and then it's easier to see what you're doing. This article might help:

http://multifarious.filkin.com/2012/09/10/working_with_tags/

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't remove italics in Studio 2014

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search