How to save target files in tree structure
Thread poster: Ben Senior

Ben Senior  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:28
German to English
Dec 11, 2014

I have just finished a small new project of MadCap xlf files, my first MadCap project. When I created the project I added the root folder that I had been sent and could easily navigate through the files and translate them in Studio.

I now need to send back the translated files in the files in their original xlf format and in the same tree structure. I can only save the individual files using save target as... option in the file tab, I can't seem to find an easy and quick way to save the whole project in the target language. I can save each individual file using Save Target As.. and then on a copy of the en-GB folder delete the sdlxliff files, but it's a bit messy and I thought if I could insert a folder that I would also be able to save target as.. a folder.

Is there a better way of doing things?

Ben

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Batch tasks... Dec 11, 2014

... generate target files.

Regards

Paul

Ben Senior  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Dealing with generated files... Dec 11, 2014

Thanks for the information Paul, it is appreciated.

I generated the target files by using the option "Generate Target Translations" in "Batch Tasks" and all went fine. But I still have to manually copy out the tree structure and then get rid of the sdlxliff files and in a big job it could take some time. Am I still missing something here? There must be a better way of doing that.

All the best,
Ben

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to save target files in tree structure

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search