Trados 2014 does not recognize my projects
Thread poster: Julia Lecuona Allende (X)
Julia Lecuona Allende (X)
Julia Lecuona Allende (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:35
German to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 17, 2014

I bought Trados 2004 not six months ago, and two days ago, when I opened it to start my work, the project I was working on had dissapeared from teh project view. I tried to open it from the project folder and got this message: An error occurred whilst trying to determine the file version.

As I was in a hurry, I simply created another project with the old TM and finished the file. But today all my existing projects have dissapeared, the one I was working on and all the finished
... See more
I bought Trados 2004 not six months ago, and two days ago, when I opened it to start my work, the project I was working on had dissapeared from teh project view. I tried to open it from the project folder and got this message: An error occurred whilst trying to determine the file version.

As I was in a hurry, I simply created another project with the old TM and finished the file. But today all my existing projects have dissapeared, the one I was working on and all the finished ones, and when I try to open them, I get the same message.

Has anyone had a similar issue? Do you know how to solve it? Everything is updated and I really don't know what is happening!

Thanks a lot for your help!
Collapse

Paulinho Fonseca
Paulinho Fonseca  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 02:35
Member (2011)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Just one question Dec 17, 2014

Are your files in subfolders?

Julia Lecuona Allende (X)
Julia Lecuona Allende (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:35
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Folders Dec 17, 2014

Yes, in the same folders that the own Trados creates with every new project, I have done nothing but use their standard structure and it has worked correctly, up until now!

And it gets even more fascinating, I have just tried to reopen the projects that were marked as finished, and I can open them just fine. It is the ones I was working with that cannot be opened!

[Editado a las 2014-12-17 19:21 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2014 does not recognize my projects

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »