https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/279421-error_message_deactivation_failed_cannot_deactivate_license_invalid_activation_code.html

Error Message: Deactivation failed. Cannot deactivate license. - Invalid activation code
Thread poster: Navarut Y.
Navarut Y.
Navarut Y.  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 15:23
Member (2014)
English to Thai
Dec 19, 2014

Hi all,

I have just bought SDL 2014 SP2 and I have just uninstalled SDL 2011 that my friend installed for me. However, it seems that SDL 2011 installed is not a licensed version. So, I cannot deactivate SDL 2011 because I do not know what the activated code is. Therefore, I had to uninstall it by using Windows control panel function.

Then, I install SDL 2014 and there is an error occurred because the activation code in SDL 2014 remain in BigBird code and I cannot resol
... See more
Hi all,

I have just bought SDL 2014 SP2 and I have just uninstalled SDL 2011 that my friend installed for me. However, it seems that SDL 2011 installed is not a licensed version. So, I cannot deactivate SDL 2011 because I do not know what the activated code is. Therefore, I had to uninstall it by using Windows control panel function.

Then, I install SDL 2014 and there is an error occurred because the activation code in SDL 2014 remain in BigBird code and I cannot resolve this problem. It is an urgent issue for me. I cannot reboot my computer because there are more than 30 important programs installed and it will take a lot of time to re-install these programs.

Could anyone suggest how I can replace the existing Bigbird code with the licensed activation code or how I can deactivate this BigBird code? Or there is anything I can do to fix this issue.

I already logged a reported Incident to SDL on 17 December but has not got the answer yet.

Thank you very much indeed!

Error Message: Deactivation failed. Cannot deactivate license. - Invalid activation code (Support reference: InvalidLicenseNumber -20)
Collapse

SDL_Steve
SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:23
English to Arabic
Invalid activation Dec 19, 2014

Hello Navarut,

This is an issue that we are working hard to resolve and close the offending sources/sites.
BigBird (crack) activations are invalid codes that did not originate from your SDL account and are causing many problems for translators.

Please refer to the following KB article that should provide the solution
... See more
Hello Navarut,

This is an issue that we are working hard to resolve and close the offending sources/sites.
BigBird (crack) activations are invalid codes that did not originate from your SDL account and are causing many problems for translators.

Please refer to the following KB article that should provide the solution-

http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:6123

Kind regards

Steve
Collapse

Navarut Y.
Navarut Y.  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 15:23
Member (2014)
English to Thai
TOPIC STARTER
still cannot generate certificate Dec 19, 2014

Hi Steve,

Thank you very much for your answer. However, I already followed the article in the link but I still cannot generate certificate. When I click 'Generate Certificate', the error message always appears. Could you provide another way to fix this issue?

Thank you very much!

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:23
English
Try reinstalling... Dec 19, 2014

... the cracked version of Studio 2011 you had before. Once it is installed go to the product activation dialogue in the help menu and it should tell you what the activation code was. You need this to be able to return it and correct your problem in Studio 2014 SP2 with a legal and valid license code.

Then uninstall the illegal 2011 version.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error Message: Deactivation failed. Cannot deactivate license. - Invalid activation code

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »