Installation failed: conflict between Studio 2014 and Trados 2006
Thread poster: Edwin den Boer

Edwin den Boer  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 09:58
Member (2009)
English to Dutch
Dec 29, 2014

Installation failed when I tried to install SDL Trados Studio 2014 SP1 on a Windows 7 desktop PC where the latest version installed is SDL Trados 2006.

The SDL Trados Studio 2014 SP1 Installation Guide says: "You do not have to uninstall an earlier SDL Trados version before installing SDL Trados Studio 2014 SP1."

SDLTradosStudio2014_SP1_3931.exe says: "This product cannot be installed on a machine that has SDL Trados 2007 on it. Please remove SDL Trados 2007 and retry." (Followed by error 1603.)

Screenshot: http://imgur.com/PijL5Ly

Please explain how to proceed without uninstalling, SDL. Why does this error message even exist?

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
The release notes say... Dec 30, 2014

Previous Studio versions
Studio 2014 SP2 can run alongside previous versions of Studio. However, as a service pack for 2014, Studio 2014 SP2 installs on top of previous Studio 2014 versions and cannot run alongside it.

SDL Trados 2007
You can also install Studio 2014 SP2 alongside SDL Trados 2007.
Studio 2014 SP2 also contains its own version of the SDL Trados 2007 infrastructure so all use cases that require SDL Trados 2007 still work even if you do not have SDL Trados 2007 installed.

I would expect you to have problems because Trados 2006 will have older components. You should upgrade Trados to the latest available version or uninstall it altogether first.

Regards

Paul

Edwin den Boer  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2009)
English to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Skipped TradosCompatibility2.msi Dec 30, 2014

Thanks for your answer. That's not an optimal solution if you have a license for Trados 2006/2007 and you want to install Trados Studio as a trial version (which is the case on my laptop).

However, I managed to install Studio by skipping the compatibility package and running TranslationStudio3.msi directly from the folder C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\SDL\SDLTradosStudio2014_SP1\modules

(Or the equivalent for SP2. It appears I missed a new service pack while waiting to install Studio.)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Installation failed: conflict between Studio 2014 and Trados 2006

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search