chopra_2002  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 15:49
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Jan 1, 2015

Hello experts,

I understand that a sdlxliff file is created by using Trados Studio. I use Trados Freelance 7.0 and this sdlxliff file can not be opened in it. Someone has told me that it is workable if it is converted into a ttx file.

Is there any software or method to convert a sdlxliff file into a ttx file so that it may be used in a lower version?

Regards,

Chopra

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:19
English
Your client could do this easily... Jan 1, 2015

... by using the SDLXLIFF to Legacy Converter application from the SDL OpenExchange. You could then work on the TTX they send you and when you send it back to them fully translated they can update their Project in Studio with the same app.

Regards

Paul

chopra_2002  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 15:49
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sincere thanks for valuable help Jan 2, 2015

Can this free software be used for making a ttx file from SDLXLIFF even if one does not have Trados Studio?

Regards,

Chopra

SDL Support wrote:

... by using the SDLXLIFF to Legacy Converter application from the SDL OpenExchange. You could then work on the TTX they send you and when you send it back to them fully translated they can update their Project in Studio with the same app.

Regards

Paul

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:19
English
You need Studio to be installed... Jan 2, 2015

... for this to work in the first place. So this is why I said your Client could do it. This is software provided for Studio users to help them work in different situations.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to convert a sdlxliff file into ttx

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search