chopra_2002  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 15:07
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Jan 1, 2015

Hello experts,

I understand that a sdlxliff file is created by using Trados Studio. I use Trados Freelance 7.0 and this sdlxliff file can not be opened in it. Someone has told me that it is workable if it is converted into a ttx file.

Is there any software or method to convert a sdlxliff file into a ttx file so that it may be used in a lower version?

Regards,

Chopra

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:37
English
Your client could do this easily... Jan 1, 2015

... by using the SDLXLIFF to Legacy Converter application from the SDL OpenExchange. You could then work on the TTX they send you and when you send it back to them fully translated they can update their Project in Studio with the same app.

Regards

Paul

chopra_2002  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 15:07
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sincere thanks for valuable help Jan 2, 2015

Can this free software be used for making a ttx file from SDLXLIFF even if one does not have Trados Studio?

Regards,

Chopra

SDL Support wrote:

... by using the SDLXLIFF to Legacy Converter application from the SDL OpenExchange. You could then work on the TTX they send you and when you send it back to them fully translated they can update their Project in Studio with the same app.

Regards

Paul

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:37
English
You need Studio to be installed... Jan 2, 2015

... for this to work in the first place. So this is why I said your Client could do it. This is software provided for Studio users to help them work in different situations.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to convert a sdlxliff file into ttx

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search