How do you create a Term Base in SDL Trados Studio 2014 Freelance
Thread poster: Suzanne Kahn
Suzanne Kahn  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:30
Jan 2, 2015

Hello. I just bought and downloaded SDL Trados Studio 2014 Freelance and cannot seem to be able to create a Term Base. When I go to Language Pairs, Term Base, Advanced, my option is to click Browse. But when I go there, no file exists for me to select. Can someone please give me the exact steps. Thank you. Suzanne Kahn

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:30
English
There are many ways to do this... Jan 2, 2015

... but maybe this youtube video is the most useful as it shows you how to do this using MultiTerm:

Creating a simple termbase with MultiTerm

You may also benefit from the resources linked in these articles:

Is MultiTerm really that hard to learn?

Multitudinous terminology!

The articles have lots of links to sources of information and ways to make this easier, but at a very basic level you follow the steps in the video and then add the termbase you create to your Studio Project. You can use one termbase for all your projects if you like so you'd only need to do this once, or you can of course create as many as you like. If you need to create them often then using a plugin such as the Glossary Plugin is a very good idea as the whole process only takes a couple of clicks whether you are creating one new or importing files to use as the basis of your termbase.

Regards

Paul

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do you create a Term Base in SDL Trados Studio 2014 Freelance

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search