Thread poster: Maria L

Maria L  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:11
Member (2005)
German to Swedish
+ ...
Jan 4, 2015

Hej everyone
Since installing SP2 my Studio 2014 does not work properly anymore, it worked fine before. I will get errors and errors and errors:
My latest error is (while working on a ttx file):
Beim Analysieren von 'EntityName' ist ein Fehler aufgetreten. Zeile 2424, Position 200.
Which is weird, as this line does not exist in the document (I checked with Macromedia).
The work-files just cannot be opened anymore half way during translation.
Trados refuses to help as this is not considered an installation problem (what else it was not there before?).
Have un/reinstalled several times. Am about to uninstall again and reinstall 2011 as it worked at least. If I only had SP1 back.
Desperate for help
Maria

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Very surprised you were refused help... Jan 6, 2015

... but drop me an email and we can take a look at what's happening.

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

Sibylle Gassmann  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to German
+ ...
I'm having the same problem, Feb 10, 2015

.... did you find any solution?

Member (2005)
German to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not quite solved Feb 10, 2015

Hej Sybille
Maybe you should just try to contact Paul with the e-mail address above. He was quite helpful until he stopped replying to my (never ending) e-mails.

I regret the day I installed SP2 and wish I had SP1 back as these errors never occurred before, so if anybody could provide me with the installer I would love to kick SP2 off my computer and go back to the old version.

This is what I learnt:

Trados 2014 handles the tags differently (more exact) than older TagEditor versions. This may lead to compatibility errors. If you use ttx-it or SDL-legit to import the original fildes to Studio yourself the errors can be solved. The files can be exported as ttx too (ttx-it or SDL-legit can be downloaded on the Trados homepage).

SDL-legit never worked on my computer me though. ttx-it does sometimes, if the original-files don't contain header errors (or something else). In that case nothing helps, as far as I can see (apart from SP1). I had to translate the files as plain text.

Godd luck!
Maria

Italy
Italian to German
+ ...
Hi Maria and anybody interested, Feb 11, 2015

I am getting the same message but in a different context. With me the message appears when I try to open a project created around a normal MS Word file (not a ttx file). I translated and saved this project a couple of days ago but since then have been unable to open it again. When I try to open it, I get the same message as you.
I would greatly appreciate any assistance (from Paul or anybody else) as I do not want to have to repeat the work, especially if the result is the same.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Can you share... Feb 11, 2015

... the original source file and the translated sdlxliff? We can then take a look at them and see what the problem is.

Kind regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

Member (2005)
German to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
workaround Feb 11, 2015

Hej Sylvia,
if you rename the word file, open it as a single document in studio without running pre-translation, analyse or saving and translate it with your TM without running pre-translation, analyse or saving and then save the target file as original document (save as) you might not need to do the work again (should be 100% matches all along). It seems the errors often appear after the first saving, re-opening, pre-translation or analyse.
Good luck
Maria

Italy
Italian to German
+ ...
Thank you Maria, Feb 11, 2015

that's what I will do. Have a nice day!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2014 SP 2 'EntityName' error

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search