Issue SDL TRADOS 2014 : Main ribbon greyed out when opening a GroupShare project
Thread poster: Evelyne Pradines

Evelyne Pradines
Local time: 13:41
English to French
Jan 6, 2015

Hi,

I have upgraded from Studio 2011 to 2014. I have been allocated a project via GroupShare and for the first time, I received an error msg when opening the file (Could not find file with specified id: e90eb739-dc1b-4a4e-ae58-1db5792109e3). The file opens BUT the main ribbon including the Confirm button) is greyed out. Therefore I am unable to work in the file. I tried to remove the project and download it again but same issue. Any clue?
PS: I had also downloaded some plugins from SDL OpenExchange (SDL Language Cloud/Symbols/MyMemory/Systran/Terminotix/MT autosuggest/IPT translator/Regex/Google AutoSuggest), could it be linked to one of these?

Thank you for your help.
Evelyne

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
I'd recommend you... Jan 6, 2015

... speak to your client. Perhaps the file doesn't have the correct permissions for you to work on it? I think this should be your first port of call.

Regards

Paul

Evelyne Pradines
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
This has already been checked Jan 6, 2015

SDL project manager has already checked this and no issue on her side as she can open and work on the file. All the rights have been provided as well. Any other clue ?

United Kingdom
English
Permissions... checked out? Jan 6, 2015

Hi Evelyne,

The file has presumably been released by everyone else so you can make changes to it? Just wondering if you are only allowed to view it but not change it? It does sound as though the problem is related to the workflow and permissions somehow. I cannot think of any other reason for you not being able to work on this file.

If you cannot sort this out then your Project Manager should contact Support, or their super user, and have them look at it.

Regards

Paul

Evelyne Pradines
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Yes I can open it but... Jan 6, 2015

cannot do anything else. The PM confirmed me that she's given all the auth required. Just wondering if this may be link to the add-ins I have downloaded. May there be a conflict with a GroupShare file and the add-ins ?

United Kingdom
English
If you want to try that just disable them... Jan 6, 2015

... in Add-ins -> Plug-ins from and restart Studio. I'm not sure this is going to help but it won't be the first time (or the last!) we see some unexpected behaviour!

If that doesn't work maybe you can drop me an email and we can have a look over Skype?

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Issue SDL TRADOS 2014 : Main ribbon greyed out when opening a GroupShare project

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search