Thread poster: Eva Paz

Eva Paz  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 03:03
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 6, 2015

Dear team,

I am working in some alignement projects in Trados 2014 for some months and I would need a confirmation of the procedure.

Trados 2014 doesn't use an alignment file as other CAT tools and other Trados versions but it adds directly to the TM the source and target files.
Then, you have to fix the segments and there is no possibility of connecting segments but only delete the segments that doesn't match. The fact that you work directly in the TM seems very strange to me.

Am I understanding the procedure correctly or are there other way to align?

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Perhaps you need to upgrade... Jan 6, 2015

... your version of Studio 2014. If you have 2014 it's a free upgrade to SP2 so I'd recommend you do this. In SP1 the alignment was changed to allow editing of the alignment.

This article may explain a little: http://multifarious.filkin.com/2014/05/21/studio_aligning/

Regards

Paul

Eva Paz  Identity Verified
France
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
alignment application of Trados 2014 Jan 6, 2015

I'll try that
Thanks Paul

Eva

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

alignment application of Trados 2014

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search