Translation of embedded objects in Word documents
Thread poster: Tina Gross
Tina Gross
English to German
Jan 13, 2015

Hi there,

I'm wondering if there is any way of opening Excel sheets embedded in Word documents in Trados Studio 2014 SP 2. I have a Word document with about 50 of them, so the workaround of unzipping the docx file and translating them separately is pretty tiresome.

I know there have been earlier posts on this issue, but as Trados has constantly added new features, I may have missed something. I can't believe that this is apparently possible in a number of other translation tools like memoQ, etc. but not in Trados …

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Tina

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:04
English
Not available in SDL Trados products Jan 14, 2015

Hi Tina,

I'm afraid neither Trados nor Studio can handle embedded files yet. This may make it into a future release but at the moment this is not possible.

Regards

Paul

Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 19:04
Member (2006)
English to Turkish
+ ...
DVX Jan 15, 2015

Hi Tina,

Studio does not support it so you may want to hear about another alternative - Deja Vu X. Furthermore, you can export your project in xliff format and continue working in Studio.

Selcuk

Tina Gross
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jan 15, 2015

Hi Paul, hi Selcuk,

Thank you for your answers! I have now started using memoQ and hope that this very useful feature will indeed make it into one of the next Trados versions.

Kind regards
Tina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation of embedded objects in Word documents

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search