Adding a file to a project - Studio 2014
Thread poster: Boris Tsikel

Boris Tsikel  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 18:47
English to French
Jan 13, 2015

Hi all,

I've read the help topic in Studio 2014 about adding files, but it doesn't work for me. Here what I need on a regular basis:

I get packages from my client, usually with several Word files. What I need is to be able to add my own Word file (created from some other files that contain updates only and therefore are not part of the project) to the project in order to Open For Translation all of them at once (multiple files option). But when I add a file to a project with Add Files button, SDL doesn't open any of project's file for translation. Probably, I miss some step in the process. Do you have any suggestion? I hope my explanation is clear enough.

Thank you,

Boris

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:47
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Prepare file Jan 14, 2015

After adding the new file to your source language list of files, right click it, select batch tasks and then "prepare" or "prepare without project TM". Follow the wizard.

Boris Tsikel  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 18:47
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
It works Jan 14, 2015

Thanks a lot, Emma!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Adding a file to a project - Studio 2014

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search