Unexpected end of file has occured
Thread poster: Frederic Jacobs
Frederic Jacobs
Belgium
Jan 15, 2015

Hi fellow translators,

I was almost halfway through my translation when Trados suddenly crashed. Upon re-opening Trados and my xliff-file, I encountered the following error message:

Unexpected end of file has occurred. The following elements are not closed: value, props, tag, tag-defs, header, file, xliff. Line 2437, position 16.

I have browsed the forum and I am aware of the fact that quite a lot has already been said on this topic, but none of the solutions really seem to apply to my situation. Normally speaking, I would just start all over again and let the translation memory fill in the blanks based of the confirmed segments, but unfortunately I didn't confirm any of the segments which basically means that I'm screwed.

If anyone knows how to manipulate the corrupted xliff-file so as to retrieve my translation, that would be awesome.

Thanks,

FJ

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:01
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Export XLIFF to TM Jan 15, 2015

You say you didn't confirm the segments and send them to your TM. However, if you saved the SDLXLIFF file using ctrl+S or autosave, then you could import the file to a TM, making sure you import draft segments as well as confirmed ones.

Do this in the Translation Memory window. Open the TM and import the SDLXLIFF file into it.

You may get problems trying to import a corrupted file into the TM, but it's worth a try.

Now recreate your project with your source file and updated TM.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unexpected end of file has occured

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search