elizabeth_med
elizabeth_med  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 08:59
French to English
+ ...
Jan 15, 2015

Hello!
I use Trados 2009. I have been trying to align, export and import a file pair to my TM to no avail. I have aligned two .doc documents, I have saved the project, I have exported the pair in TMX format, I open up my TM, I import the file pair, and then nothing happens.
I get the following:
Read: 0 Imported: 0 Error: 0 Done
Recomputing Fuzzy Index Statistics.... Done

Then I can only click "close" and I get back to the page with my TM.
... See more
Hello!
I use Trados 2009. I have been trying to align, export and import a file pair to my TM to no avail. I have aligned two .doc documents, I have saved the project, I have exported the pair in TMX format, I open up my TM, I import the file pair, and then nothing happens.
I get the following:
Read: 0 Imported: 0 Error: 0 Done
Recomputing Fuzzy Index Statistics.... Done

Then I can only click "close" and I get back to the page with my TM.

I can't seem to get the pair to import, but there doesn't seem to be any error, either...

What am I doing wrong?
Collapse

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 08:59
French to German
+ ...
Check your threshold value for the export Jan 16, 2015

Based on the fact that you use Studio 2009, I assume that you have done he alignment with the stand-alone program WinAlign.

Once the alignment was done, what did you do in the Editor of WinAlign. Did you manually check and confirm the segments or not? If you did not, what threshold value did you choose for the export. Depending on what you chose, the export TMX might contain only a few segments or even none.

You may also have a look into your TMX file (it can be opened
... See more
Based on the fact that you use Studio 2009, I assume that you have done he alignment with the stand-alone program WinAlign.

Once the alignment was done, what did you do in the Editor of WinAlign. Did you manually check and confirm the segments or not? If you did not, what threshold value did you choose for the export. Depending on what you chose, the export TMX might contain only a few segments or even none.

You may also have a look into your TMX file (it can be opened in any text editor or even in Word) to see what it contains.

However the message "Read: 0" indicates that your export file is completely empty and this is probably due to your export settings in WinAlign. Check those.

Walter
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2009 wont import file pair, but no error

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »