Trados Studio Trial - Can't create Return Projects
Thread poster: Pedro Bujalance Andres

Pedro Bujalance Andres
Spain
Local time: 12:08
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 16, 2015

Hi, I've downloaded the Trados Studio 2014 Trial. Everything seems to work ok, I've been working with project, creating new ones, managing TM's, but there is one thing I'm not sure about. Although I can open an existing project or create a new one, every time I try to create a return project, the button in the ribbon is grey and doesn't enable me that option. Is that ok? Or am I missing a step while creating a project?

Any help is more than welcome.
Thanks,

Direct link Reply with quote

Ekaterina Kroumova  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:08
French to Bulgarian
+ ...
File view Jan 16, 2015

Hi Pedro,

Are you in File view? Can you right-click on the file and see if Create Return Package is active?

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Project or package Jan 16, 2015

You can't create a return package unless you've been sent a package in the first place.

You can create a project, translate it and finalise it. But there's no such thing as creating a return project.

Pedro Bujalance Andres
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the feedback Jan 16, 2015

Ekaterina, unfortunately that option is not available when I right click. It is grayscale.

Emma, that would make sense. Because it is true that I can only create return project of those project that I had already received.

Thanks both of you for your support.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio Trial - Can't create Return Projects

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search