SDL Trados Studio 2014: Error while opening.
Thread poster: AnnaBilevska
AnnaBilevska
Austria
Local time: 18:49
German to Russian
+ ...
Jan 17, 2015

Hello,

I use an SDL Trados Studio 2014 and it won't open. Probably after a Windows update (Windows 7, 64-bit). I get an Error message of the global Plug-in services. I tried everything listed in this thread: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/190232-an_unexpected_error_occurred_while_loading_application_plug_in_sdl_studio_2009.html

I also tried renaming the base, user and cache files and repairing via control panel. Nothing works.
Please, help me find a solution. I am pretty desperate by now..

Anna

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
KB article Jan 17, 2015

It sounds as if you've tried most solutions, but maybe you can try something else suggested in this KB article:
http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=4457&source=Article&c=12&cid=23

You could also try deleting your projects.xml file in this folder:
C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\Studio 2014\Projects

Your project list will disappear and you will need to re-open your projects in Studio to have them back in the list. To do this go to File > Open > Project and browse to the project you want to open.

If none of these solutions work, log a support request following the instructions at the bottom of the KB article. Unfortunately, with the weekend, you probably won't hear back until Monday.

AnnaBilevska
Austria
German to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Deleting Projects file did not work Jan 17, 2015

Emma, thank you for your reply. Nothing changed after deleting the Projects xml file. I will try all listed in the KB thread again..

Anna

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2014: Error while opening.

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search