Thread poster: Pedro Bujalance Andres

Pedro Bujalance Andres
Spain
Local time: 01:33
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 20, 2015

Hi all,
I'm working with the Trial version of Trados Studio 2014 and when I'm done translating and want to create a return project I would like to add extra documents that I used during my terminology research.

Is it possible to add those extra to the original docs included in the project package when creating the return project?

Another doubt is, does the return project include the TM used or does the TM have to be sent separately from the return project?

Many thanks in advance,

Pedro

Direct link Reply with quote

Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 19:33
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
No and yes Jan 20, 2015

In my version of Studio 2014 I do not think that I can add extra documents in the package. The package contains the updated version of the same files that I have received in it, included the TM - if it was present in first place.

Cannot Make Changes to SDLPPX Jan 21, 2015

Hi Pedro,

if you have been provided with a SDLPPX project package to translate, then you will not be able to add additional files to this yourself, only the creator of this file can make changes like this to it.

Kind Regards,

Steve Barlow

SDL Customer Experience Executive

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:33
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
No TM Jan 21, 2015

Pedro Bujalance Andres wrote:

Another doubt is, does the return project include the TM used or does the TM have to be sent separately from the return project?
Pedro

No, it doesn't. Agencies don't usually want the TM sent separately either. It's quicker for them to update it from their end with your xliff files.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio Trial - Trouble adding extra docs into return project

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search