Thread poster: Sabina De Lorenzo

Sabina De Lorenzo  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 06:29
Member (2015)
German to Italian
+ ...
Jan 22, 2015

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue with SDL 2014 and if yes, did you finally manage to restore the documents and go on with your work?

Basically: SDL started pasting arbitrarily text from the original document into the translated bits, then froze completely, then shut down on its own. WHen I re-opened it, the whole document had vanished, it still does not find it any more but has restored an older version of it, which I had deleted.

I have to add that the document is very big, about 22MB, and therefore the translation process very slow.

SDL has been very slow as well recently.

Has anyone ever had this same experience? Is there any chance to get mw done work back?

Direct link Reply with quote

Roy Chacón  Identity Verified
Colombia
English to Spanish
TM? Jan 22, 2015

Do you have a translation memory for the file? If you do, add the file again to the project and apply the TM with pre-translate.
I always create a TM for the project/file no matter how little. This way your work is always saved in the TM and the document at once.

Sabina De Lorenzo  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 06:29
Member (2015)
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
TM Jan 22, 2015

Thanks I shall look into the TM, I save it too.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Complete SDL freeze and arbitrary merge of files with final loss of document

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search