Studio 2014, Error during startup
Thread poster: Selçuk Dilşen

Selçuk Dilşen  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 11:44
English to Turkish
+ ...
Jan 22, 2015

I get the same error every time I start Studio 2014. The software is updated with all published updates.
I can proceed with my work after closing the error window. It is nothing more than a slight disturbance, but such things make me feel that something is going wrong and I may lose my works at some point. I wish everything to be smooth. Please help me fix this.
Here is the detailed content of the error message:

'Newtonsoft.Json.Linq.JObject' bir 'subscription' tanımı içermiyor

Microsoft.CSharp.RuntimeBinder.RuntimeBinderException, Microsoft.CSharp, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a

Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
b__0()
konum: Sdl.LCStudioIntegration.Common.LanguageCloudLogin.window_Shown(IStudioWindow window)
konum: Sdl.Desktop.Platform.StudioWindowEventHandler.Invoke(IStudioWindow window)
konum: Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.StudioWindow.OnShown()
konum: Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.StudioWindow._form_Shown(Object sender, EventArgs e)
konum: System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
konum: System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)
konum: System.Windows.Forms.Form.CallShownEvent()
konum: System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
konum: System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
konum: System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
konum: System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
konum: System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
konum: System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
konum: System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()]]>

SDL Trados Studio
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic
Service Pack 1
PackardBell\selcuk
PACKARDBELL
True
8236912 MB

Direct link Reply with quote

Turkey
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Another error Jan 22, 2015

Here is another error that I encounter during translation:

Nesne başvurusu bir nesnenin örneğine ayarlanmadı.

System.NullReferenceException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089

Sdl.TranslationStudio.Editor

SDL Trados Studio
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic
Service Pack 1
PackardBell\selcuk
PACKARDBELL
True
8236912 MB

Recep Kurt  Identity Verified
Turkey
Member (2011)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Possible solution Jan 23, 2015

Hi Selçuk,

Please try the following:

issue #1

http://producthelp.sdl.com/kb/Articles/5298.html

issue #2

http://producthelp.sdl.com/kb/Articles/4984.html

Turkey
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Feb 17, 2015

Thank you for your kind reply. However, none of the solutions work.

The first error was associated with SDL Language Cloud subscription. I was able to solve it by managing my subscription.

The second one is associated with a plugin as far as I could isolate, however it may not be possible to find a solution except uninstalling or disabling the plugin, which I don't want to do.

Meanwhile, I come across other errors frequently. I have a wealth of error dumps already.

The software sometimes slows down so much that, one could think it has hung.

SDL Trados software is and has always been full of so many bugs that, when you search for an error, you come across hundreds of errors and corresponding workarounds in their knowledgebase. It sometimes becomes a grief to locate your error to find a solution, many of which probably won't be of any help. As if that is not enough, they want you to purchase a support plan, should you want to contact their support department directly. What a shame! They should first code a decent software and then demand hundreds of Euros for support plans. Their updates and patches come ages after a bug is spotted. I think it's been almost ten years since translators demanded better segment joining, but they can't make it even after 10 years (maybe more?), considering also the legacy Trados. If this was a car, it would probably never be allowed to get to the public roads.

I would probably never purchase it, if my clients didn't require their jobs to be carried out with it.

Good luck to us all using SDL Trados Studio.

[Edited at 2015-02-18 08:57 GMT]

Unusual Behaviour Feb 18, 2015

Hi Selçuk,

this is indeed unusual behaviour for Studio 2014. I would suggest raising a support case to see if our technical team can help diagnose why this is not working properly for you.

If you do not have a PSMA contract, you can raise a support case by going to our Knowledge Base, you can use this link http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:SFTab:crumb:0 then select the solution finder menu/tab at the top of the page. Work through the options in the dropdown menus to locate your query, then an automated form will appeal on the right hand side of the page, fill this in and submit.

Please make sure you advise your 6 digit order number (advised on the order confirmation when you purchased) on the form.

If you need any further assistance with this, please feel free to contact us via our live chat service -
http://bit.ly/1DCy9Ko

Kind Regards,

Steven Barlow

SDL Customer Experience Executive.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014, Error during startup

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search