About Trados 2011 Licence "Forced Return"
Thread poster: Alexandre Chetrite

Alexandre Chetrite
Local time: 10:33
English to French
Jan 26, 2015

My PC hard disk crashed and I reinstalled Windows on a new hard drive but of course I didn't have the opportunity to deactivate my licence.

I understand that I can "return" my licence online through my SDL account,which would allow me to reactivate it on a new hard disk.

However there is also a "forced return" option in case one formats the hard disk or in case of a crash, which is my situation.

Should I just return the licence the standard way or should I do a "forced return"?

Can somebody explain to me the procedure and how long it will take please?

Additionnally SDL points to youtube videos explaining how to deactivate, activate and return a licence but for older versions of Trados (2007 and 2009) and not for 2011 or 2014 versions.

Direct link Reply with quote

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:33
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Sounds like you are talking about a forced return Jan 26, 2015

The normal way to return the license would be through the software, I think (I have never done so myself). But as you had a crash, this option would not be available to you.

The alternative would, therefore, be to log onto your account online and use the forced return option there. Most often this works fine and takes only a few moments (I have had to do this on a few occasions when I have experienced a system crash) though there are times this doesn't work. In that case you could have to contact SDL, I think.

[Edited at 2015-01-26 19:52 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

About Trados 2011 Licence "Forced Return"

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

• All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search