About Trados 2011 Licence "Forced Return"
Thread poster: Alexandre Chetrite

Alexandre Chetrite
France
Local time: 03:43
English to French
Jan 26, 2015

Hi,

My PC hard disk crashed and I reinstalled Windows on a new hard drive but of course I didn't have the opportunity to deactivate my licence.

I understand that I can "return" my licence online through my SDL account,which would allow me to reactivate it on a new hard disk.

However there is also a "forced return" option in case one formats the hard disk or in case of a crash, which is my situation.

Should I just return the licence the standard way or should I do a "forced return"?

Can somebody explain to me the procedure and how long it will take please?

Additionnally SDL points to youtube videos explaining how to deactivate, activate and return a licence but for older versions of Trados (2007 and 2009) and not for 2011 or 2014 versions.

Regards,

Alexandre

Direct link Reply with quote

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 03:43
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Sounds like you are talking about a forced return Jan 26, 2015

The normal way to return the license would be through the software, I think (I have never done so myself). But as you had a crash, this option would not be available to you.

The alternative would, therefore, be to log onto your account online and use the forced return option there. Most often this works fine and takes only a few moments (I have had to do this on a few occasions when I have experienced a system crash) though there are times this doesn't work. In that case you could have to contact SDL, I think.

Rit

[Edited at 2015-01-26 19:52 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

About Trados 2011 Licence "Forced Return"

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search