Recognition of numbers in Studio 2011
Thread poster: Deborah Kolosova

Deborah Kolosova  Identity Verified
United States
Russian to English
+ ...
Jan 27, 2015

I am editing a Russian to English translation in Studio 2011 that I believe was originally translated with Translator's Workbench (the file I was provided with is a ttx). It contains many instances of things like "СБО-07," "СБО-08", etc., with various numbers, which are translated as "SBO-07", "SBO-08", etc. The document contains many segments which are identical except for the numbers in these combinations, but Studio 2011 apparently doesn't recognize the numbers in them as placeables, which means I have to fix each one manually. Is there a way to make Studio 2011 recognize these numbers as placeables?

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:49
English
You could use... Jan 27, 2015

.. the Terminjector from the OpenExchange which works with Studio 2011. If you had 2014 then you could also use the Regex Match AutoSuggest Provider, also from the OpenExchange.

Both of these are free plugins for Studio.

Regards

Paul

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Recognition of numbers in Studio 2011

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search