Multiterm 2014 - hundreds of unwanted .mdf and .mtf
Thread poster: Paul O'Brien

Paul O'Brien  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 15:05
Italian to English
Jan 28, 2015

When working with MultiTerm, I find afterwards that my folder is filled to the brim with hundreds upon hundreds of .mdf and .mtf caches.
Why does this happen and how can I prevent this?
Thanks.

[Edited at 2015-01-28 13:23 GMT]

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 15:05
French to German
+ ...
These are the index files ... Feb 9, 2015

... and there are two files ( an .mdf and a .mtf) created for each language you have in your TM.

So, I wonder why you have "hundreds upon hundreds" of them. As they get overwritten, you should only have 2 - 10 (depending on the number of languages) per termbase.

How many termbases do you have? And how many languages?

I suggest you delete them all now, they will be recreated when you use the termbase next time. Then check how many are recreated, it should correspond to the formula I mentioned above.

Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm 2014 - hundreds of unwanted .mdf and .mtf

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search