Multiterm 2014 - hundreds of unwanted .mdf and .mtf
Thread poster: Paul O'Brien

Paul O'Brien  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 06:47
Italian to English
Jan 28, 2015

When working with MultiTerm, I find afterwards that my folder is filled to the brim with hundreds upon hundreds of .mdf and .mtf caches.
Why does this happen and how can I prevent this?
Thanks.

[Edited at 2015-01-28 13:23 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 06:47
French to German
+ ...
These are the index files ... Feb 9, 2015

... and there are two files ( an .mdf and a .mtf) created for each language you have in your TM.

So, I wonder why you have "hundreds upon hundreds" of them. As they get overwritten, you should only have 2 - 10 (depending on the number of languages) per termbase.

How many termbases do you have? And how many languages?

I suggest you delete them all now, they will be recreated when you use the termbase next time. Then check how many are recreated, it should correspond to the formula I mentioned above.

Walter

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm 2014 - hundreds of unwanted .mdf and .mtf

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search