Word count discrepancies with PPTX files (file paths)
Thread poster: Expialidocious

Expialidocious  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:23
French to English
+ ...
Jan 29, 2015

Hello,

I have noticed a difference in word count between the analyses sent by an agency and my own analyses for PPTX files. The word counts provided by the agency are always lower than my own, and I have figured out that this is because the agency's analyses do not count file paths that are included in PowerPoint presentations (such file paths are not visible in the slides or notes; they seem to be related to images that are copied into the presentations). The agency and I are both using Studio 2011. How can I configure Studio to stop counting file paths so that my word counts will come out the same as the agency's?

Thanks in advance,

Amanda

[Edited at 2015-01-29 13:47 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word count discrepancies with PPTX files (file paths)

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search