Error 403 when using paid Google Translation Service
Thread poster: Olena Vasilatos

Olena Vasilatos  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:26
Greek to Russian
+ ...
Feb 2, 2015

Hello, dear colleagues! I need your help.

I have set my google account for providing paid service of google translation. I received a Key code. Everything looks ok in my google account. When I opened my Trados, along with TM I chose Google translate, entered the Key code and opened a file for translation. But then nothing happens...I see an error 403. Does anyone know what it means and how can I fix it?
Thank you in advance!

SDL_Guillaume
Local time: 20:26
Error 403 Feb 2, 2015

Hi Olena,

This is Guillaume from SDL.

You will find in our Knowledge Base the following article which gives you a solution for this particular error: http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:3943

Kind regards,

Guillaume

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 21:26
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Have you activated Billing? Feb 2, 2015

I cannot regretably remember all the details (I think there is a Youtube instruction video on how to activate Google Translate), but I seem to remember that it's not sufficient to get an API key - you also have to activate the Billing procedure.

Olena Vasilatos  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:26
Greek to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
yes, I did Feb 2, 2015

Roy Oestensen wrote:

I cannot regretably remember all the details (I think there is a Youtube instruction video on how to activate Google Translate), but I seem to remember that it's not sufficient to get an API key - you also have to activate the Billing procedure.

Yes, I did activate the Billing! But I will check again, as well as the Youtube tutorial. Thanks for your reply!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error 403 when using paid Google Translation Service

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search