Error 403 when using paid Google Translation Service
Thread poster: Olena Vasilatos

Olena Vasilatos  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:47
Greek to Russian
+ ...
Feb 2, 2015

Hello, dear colleagues! I need your help.

I have set my google account for providing paid service of google translation. I received a Key code. Everything looks ok in my google account. When I opened my Trados, along with TM I chose Google translate, entered the Key code and opened a file for translation. But then nothing happens...I see an error 403. Does anyone know what it means and how can I fix it?
Thank you in advance!

SDL_Guillaume
Local time: 09:47
Error 403 Feb 2, 2015

Hi Olena,

This is Guillaume from SDL.

You will find in our Knowledge Base the following article which gives you a solution for this particular error: http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:3943

Kind regards,

Guillaume

Roy Oestensen  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 10:47
Member (2010)
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Have you activated Billing? Feb 2, 2015

I cannot regretably remember all the details (I think there is a Youtube instruction video on how to activate Google Translate), but I seem to remember that it's not sufficient to get an API key - you also have to activate the Billing procedure.

Olena Vasilatos  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:47
Greek to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
yes, I did Feb 2, 2015

Roy Oestensen wrote:

I cannot regretably remember all the details (I think there is a Youtube instruction video on how to activate Google Translate), but I seem to remember that it's not sufficient to get an API key - you also have to activate the Billing procedure.

Yes, I did activate the Billing! But I will check again, as well as the Youtube tutorial. Thanks for your reply!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error 403 when using paid Google Translation Service

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search