Thread poster: Ivan Eikås Skjøstad

Ivan Eikås Skjøstad  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 15:07
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Jan 6, 2005

Trados WB 6.0.0.309 (bulild 310), and TagEditor 6.0.0.309 (build 309)

I haven't used TagEditor in a while, but I think I remembered that when using DTD-files, the current one was marked with a red marking where the dtd-files are listed in TagEditor. I also think I remember that I could tell by looking at the TagEditor interface (Next to NUM -symbol, down right on the screen).

How can one tell that TagEditor actually uses the corrct INI-file when for instance the standard HTML-ini-file, and one provided by a customer is listed?

And one more thing: It is possible to choose ini-files both in Workbench and in TagEditor. Do you always need to choose ini-files in both programmes when you receive a fresh ini-file?

Direct link Reply with quote

Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
DTD Jan 6, 2005

How can one tell that TagEditor actually uses the corrct INI-file when for instance the standard HTML-ini-file, and one provided by a customer is listed?

TagEditor will ask you which ini file should be used, if it finds several ini files of the same type. But you have to add the customer's ini file manually.

And one more thing: It is possible to choose ini-files both in Workbench and in TagEditor. Do you always need to choose ini-files in both programmes when you receive a fresh ini-file?

This also confuses me, so I hope somebody will make it clear.

Norway
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still not sure Jan 6, 2005

Thank you for your reply, Hynek

Hynek Palatin wrote:

TagEditor will ask you which ini file should be used, if it finds several ini files of the same type. But you have to add the customer's ini file manually.

This is my problem. TagEditor does not ask, and I have even tried to remove the standard ini-files, making my customers ini-file the only one present. Still I am not sure if TE really uses the ini-file.

Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
DTD Jan 6, 2005

Are you working with TTX files? These files contain path to the INI file. Maybe if TagEditor finds the file, it will use it without asking.

As you already said, you can see the name of the INI file in the status line to the left from "Chrs:".

Norway
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes Jan 6, 2005

Hynek Palatin wrote:

Are you working with TTX files? These files contain path to the INI file. Maybe if TagEditor finds the file, it will use it without asking.

As you already said, you can see the name of the INI file in the status line to the left from "Chrs:".

I am working with rtf-files, and save them as ttx, but I cannot see the name of the INI-file in the status line...

Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
No DTD for RTF files Jan 6, 2005

I believe external DTD (INI) files are needed only for HTML, SGML and XML documents.

Norway
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 6, 2005

Thanks,

I assume that I do not need them, and that the ini-file will appear againg if I need it for html-files etc. The only reason for asking in the first place was that the file was provided to me by the client, that told me I needed it.

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 16:07
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Workbench should be enough Jan 11, 2005

I load the ini-file in workbench, and so far the customer has not complained, so I assume its alright. This is one of the irritating features of Trashdos.
But I see now you are using 6.0, mine is 6.5, so I'm not sure.
Better send a file to the customer and let her check.

[Edited at 2005-01-11 06:38]

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
What, precisely, is irritating? Jan 11, 2005

Heinrich,
Heinrich Pesch wrote:

I load the ini-file in workbench, and so far the customer has not complained, so I assume its alright. This is one of the irritating features of Trashdos.

Your assumption is one of the irritating features? Interesting...

Seriously: simply trashing a program because you may have problems with some features gets you nowhere. The majority of insufficient DTD issues I have seen or experienced were due to sloppy authoring of the ML files, for instance, mixing HTML tagging with customised XML tags. Bearing in mind that any XML document is bound to be defined by a non-standard template (DTD or XML schema), how would you propose to handle that on a software level?

Best regards,
Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DTD-How to tell

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search