Chinese dictionary is not applied to the MIF saved from SDLXLIFF of Studio 2014
Thread poster: InfoPage
InfoPage
InfoPage
Japan
Local time: 10:29
Feb 4, 2015

Hi,

There was the translation job from English into Chinese Simplified.
The original file format was MIF file (FrameMaker 8) and I made the Trados Package file, then send it to our Chinese translator.
After I received the translation from our translator, I generate the target translation back to MIF, then I noticed the dictionary stayed English. Chinese dictionary was not applied.
(Other languaes seem OK - the dictionary is applied.)

Are there any sett
... See more
Hi,

There was the translation job from English into Chinese Simplified.
The original file format was MIF file (FrameMaker 8) and I made the Trados Package file, then send it to our Chinese translator.
After I received the translation from our translator, I generate the target translation back to MIF, then I noticed the dictionary stayed English. Chinese dictionary was not applied.
(Other languaes seem OK - the dictionary is applied.)

Are there any setting need to be changed to apply dictionary?

Mioko
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Chinese dictionary is not applied to the MIF saved from SDLXLIFF of Studio 2014

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »