Missing tags in MIF files, SDL Trados Studio 2011 SP 2R
Thread poster: Tamara Treubel

Tamara Treubel
Local time: 21:27
Spanish to German
Feb 4, 2015

Hi,
I've been working on MIF files generated with Frame Maker 10 using SDL Trados Studio 2011 SP 2R. These MIF files contain so called "Item_locked_language" tags, i.e. the contents within these tags cannot and should not be translated.
The problem is that, in the Trados Studio Editor, I don't get the tags and their contents displayed if they are at the beginning or at the end of the sentence, while those tags that are located right in the middle of the sentence are correctly shown.
I can see the locked contents in the PDF file of the document to be translated, but not in the editor.
Example: the PDF file shows “Depth of IED”. “IED” is locked for translation and should appear accordingly within tags in the editor, but does not.
This is not the first time that I handle such files, but the first time the problem appears.
Thanks in advance for any help!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Missing tags in MIF files, SDL Trados Studio 2011 SP 2R

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search