How can a 100% confirmed segment be replaced?
Thread poster: Anthony Rudd

Anthony Rudd

Local time: 20:09
German to English
+ ...
Feb 6, 2015

How can existing 100% confirmed segments be replaced with a translations (new different target in translation memory)?

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Simply overwrite and confirm again Feb 6, 2015

If you change the text in the target segment and confirm again, this will replace the TU that was in the TM. Regardless of how many times you do this, it will always overwrite what was in the TM so that you are left with only one traget translation, the last one.

If you need two versions of the target, you can use the command "Add as new translation", in which case you will get two TUs in your TM.

Walter

Anthony Rudd

German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The TM is correct Feb 6, 2015

I have the reverse situation, the entry in the TM is correct, what I need to do is update the entry in the translated document. I assume that there is no option to do this, unfortunately I cannot find this.

Thanks
Tony

Anthony Rudd

German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The TM is correct - addendum Feb 6, 2015

Obviously, I could directly change the document, but there must be some way of doing this automatically, as in Trados 7.

Tony

Patrick Porter
United States
Local time: 14:09
Spanish to English
+ ...
I think there's an option for what you want to do Feb 6, 2015

Not sure I understand your use case exactly, but:

In Trados Studio, under 'Options' > 'Editor' > 'Auto-propagation' (in the English localized version) there are several options for configuring how you want to auto-propagate segments, including overwriting 100% matches.

Also, when you do a batch translate, you can choose the match level to replace, including 100%.

And when you are working in the editor, you can press Ctrl+T to replace whatever is in the target text with the currently active result in the translation results window.

Maybe one of these options could help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can a 100% confirmed segment be replaced?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search