Cannot open packages in Studio 2011
Thread poster: JSebLrx

JSebLrx  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 17:57
English to French
Feb 6, 2015

Hi everyone!

When I try to open a package, Studio doesn't let me show the screen to let me choose where I can save the files, tries to open it in a folder of a past projet, but gives me an error message saying that "L'accès au chemin d'accès C:/Documents and Settings... est refusé. ("Access to the path C:/Documents and Settings/folder of a past project-... is denied).

I never had this problem before, but I bought a new computer in July and had to reinstall Studio. I didn't have to work with packages until today since the reinstallation.

Has anyone had this problem before?

Thanks,

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 23:57
French to German
+ ...
Behavior has changed in latest version Feb 7, 2015

You probably became - as many of us - a victim of the changed behaviour of Studio. in 2011, Studio prompted the user to enter the path where the project should be stored in step 2 of the "Open Package" wizard.

Since 2014, the field with the path to the project folder is shown in step 1 already (in the middle of the screen, the field labelled "Project folder") and many users simply overlook this because they are not prompted.

You can/should change this path before going to step 2, otherwise Studio will simply use the path that was used the last time you imported a package.

Walter

JSebLrx  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 17:57
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
I'm still using Studio 2011 Feb 8, 2015

Hello Walter,

Thank you so much for your answer.
It wasn't clear enough in my first message: the problem still lies with Studio 2011; I had to reinstall it on my new computer, but I didn't have this problem before.

I just don't know how to change the path where the files will be saved when I open a package since Studio do not show the screen where I can choose a folder (step 2). It just overlooks step 2 and go directly to step 3 : it tries to open the package in a folder with files already in it (a previous projet). And as we all know, that doesn't work with Studio...

Thanks,

SDL Trados Studio 2011 SP2R Freelance
Windows 8.1

xxxCharlotte Ma
France
English to French
+ ...
Any news? May 27, 2015

Hi JSebLrx,

Did you by any chance have any luck finding a solution?
I am experiencing the same error and cannot find a way to open my package!

Thanks!

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Project package or return package? May 29, 2015

What exactly are you trying to import?

If it is a return package, the behaviour is different, Studio will not ask you for any path because it automatically imports the package into your existing project (from which the package was originally created).

Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot open packages in Studio 2011

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search