Why do I receive the error message No matching settings file found when analysing in Workbench?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Feb 8, 2015

I did a previous job for the same customer (only XML files), and then used Studio 2014. Now I must use Trados 2007 and have therefore first exported the TM from Studio, choosing the option Export Workbench-optimized TMX format for use in Trados 2007.

I then created a new TM in Trados 2007 and imported this TMX without problems. But then when I tried doing an analyse of these XML files in Trados 2007 I received this error message after having selected all the XML files:

No matching settings file found

The folder structure is this:

INI file
Folder 1
Folder 2
Folder 3

And then all the XML files are in Folder 1, Folder 2, Folder 3 etc. So the XML files are not in the same folder as the INI file. Is this the problem? Should I put all XML files together with the INI file?

It's been a while since I used Trados 2007, I don't remember exactly how to do with this INI file. Should I load it to tag settings first in Workbench (like I do in Studio 2014)? But I can't find the option for doing this in Trados 2007.

Direct link Reply with quote

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved it now Feb 8, 2015

I found out now, I need to add the INI file to Workbench as well, plus in TagEditor.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why do I receive the error message No matching settings file found when analysing in Workbench?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search