TagEditor 2007 lost connection with Workbench and I can't exit because a translation unit was open
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Feb 10, 2015

TagEditor 2007 lost connection with Workbench and I can't exit because a translation unit was open.

I begun translating in TagEditor this morning, and then kept a translation unit opened during my breakfast. When I came back to the computer, it said TagEditor had lost connection with Workbench. I tried several times to connect again from TagEditor, but received the same error message popped up again and again.

And now while I'm writing this when I tried again to connect to Workbench a new popup window:

"(80001): TagEditor encountered a serious problem when communicating with Translator's Workbench. Please restart Workbench and make sure that the correct translation memory is open. Then select Tools -> Connect to Workbench."

So I do that: restart Workbench and try again to connect from TagEditor. Then I receive this error message after I've restarted Workbench and tried to connect again from TagEditor:

"Attempt to start Translator's Workbench failed."

But Workbench is still there and I can make Concordance searches etc. The problem now is I have this translation unit open i TagEditor and can't exit because there is no connection to Workbench that allows me to close the opened translation unit.

Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:37
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Shut the process down from Task Manager Feb 10, 2015

I assume you are using Windows.
Do I understand the problem that you are unable to exit Trados?
If that's all, just Start Task Manager and go to the Applications tab, and click End task.
If you don't see it there listed, then go to Processes and shut it down there.
You may lose some of the work you did, if you have not saved it.
After you did that, it would not hurt to reboot your computer.

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I closed from Task Manager Feb 10, 2015

Thanks, I closed from Task Manager now. Didn't loose so much of what I've translated. I think something happened when I kept that translation unit opened for too long.

mónica alfonso  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:37
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Probably you have lost just the last segment, Feb 10, 2015

the one that was open. The TM keeps all the translations stored, unless your configuration does not provide so...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor 2007 lost connection with Workbench and I can't exit because a translation unit was open

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search